Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Group Effort

Ah the grocery store.  The place where we go to get all the things we need to eat.  The place where I continue to foolishly think I can do EVERYTHING and I bring my three children with me to gather food. 

In the first picture you can see Molly holding the "ba" (ball, aka orange)  Notice the food stacked in the seat of the grocery cart and the child in the back.  Anything wrong with that picture.  She won't sit down.  I can't get the strap tight enough to keep her from standing up so I give up and let her be in the back of the cart where she can stand up, eat and smoosh the groceries and throw anything out of the cart that she doesn't think is worth purchasing.  Is she my major challenge in the grocery store?  Well, its a three way tie.

Still in the first picture, note my sweet Alvia...with my purse.  Three minutes before I took this picture I heard her talking to someone and when I turned around to look, she was wearing my purse and talking to her dad on my blackberry.  How old is she? 5? or 15?  Sometimes it is hard to tell.
She is actually helpful at the grocery store if she is in a good mood. 
Remember the nursery rhyme...
There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good she was very very good
and when she was bad she was horrid! (see next picture)
Actually, in this picture she is just making that face for the camera.  She likes to make the worst face possible when I take her picture.  It's awsome, NOT
Does your grocery store have jungle gyms?  Ours does.  You pick one up right inside the door and push them around with you the whole time you are in the store.
Three kids can climb at once.  But they can also tip it over.  I spend most of my time at the store saying "Get off the cart." 
For some sick reason I actually like to take them to the store. (In theory anyway) After I get there I always wonder what I was thinking but I do it over and over again.  Every third or fourth time it even goes smoothly and we all leave happy and eating chocolate rewards.


***This is not because Matt will not watch them and let his poor wife go to the grocery store.  I'm just nuts and voluntarily do this to myself all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment