Monday, August 3, 2009

Bye Bye Baby

Molly Moo is ONE!

I can't believe it. I'm sure I can not explain what that child's short life has done for me. She has given me the best year of my life and the worst year of my life.

During this past year...

She has learned to roll, sit, crawl, walk, eat and play.

I have learned many lessons about how precious every smile and every moment truly is. Her spirit, her personality, her happiness and her strength is unlike anything I have ever known.

She has learned to understand the English language and to "get her brother and sisters" and to hold her own bottle and to love kitty cats.

I've spent some time in a constant state of prayer, a constant state of shock, a constant state of thankfulness, constant state of exhaustion, a constant state of fear, a constant state of bravery, a constant state of helplessness and a constant state of happiness.

She has learned to SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! (yeah molly it only took 11.99 months, I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with your mother's inability to discipline you or let you cry)

Add her undeniable cuteness and she is a lethal weapon. I'm still not sure I will ever be able to say no to that kid. Unless she eats glass or attempts to dive head first off the porch steps.

Not everything Molly did this year was learned. She came into this world knowing several things instinctively. From the moment we met her she knew how to let us know when she wanted something, she knew how to be loud (no idea where she gets that), she knew how to love and she knew how to be my third child my little spunky baby.

Her screams are either very good or very bad. There is no middle ground when it comes to this girl. Her squeals of delight are fantastic. They pierce your eardrums. It is the greatest noise in the entire world. (Well its a tie with the squeals and the laughter) Her cries are every bit as intense. Her first day at the babysitter I received a phone call and rushed over to feed my starving baby. She was fine by the time I got there but the babysitter said "I just didn't expect her to cry so HARD."
She developed a reputation among the nurses at the hospital as a little spitfire at 4 months old. We were asked several times if she was a red head. The strength in that tiny human has amazed me hundreds of times in this crazy roller coaster of a year.

So thank you Molly Moo for teaching me to love more than I thought possible, to appreciate a world I didn't even know existed and for keeping us all smiling everyday. May you always be as happy as you are today. Happy Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment