Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Arms are Full

Molly woke up at 3:30 am.  Nothing was wrong with her, she was just awake.  When I got out of bed Alivia (who was sleeping with me)  also got up and followed me around the house.  I woke Matt up off the couch and sent him to bed with Alivia so I could have the couch with Molly. 
  We watched a little tv together and she rolled all over me and eventually fell asleep.  I was into a show at that time so I stayed up, holding my little girl and watching her sleep.  When I finally decided to get up and put her back into her bed I cradled her tiny sleeping body in my arms and stood up.  I watched her little mouth squirm.  I noticed how much her hair has grown lately and I just breathed in the moment and tried to lock it into my memory.  So sweet and so amazing. 
After putting Molly back to bed I crawled into bed where Alivia rolled over and cuddled my head.  (its like sleeping with a cat)  I cuddled back and thought to myself how full my arms are all the time.  Not just during the day but 24 hours a day 7 days a week I am surrounded by little loving people. 
When I got up this morning.  I woke Marlin up and we sat on the couch together snuggling under his ball blankie and talked. 
I am sooooo tired today. Instead of being grumpy I am grateful.  Grateful to be surrounded by so much love.  Who cares if I never get a full night's sleep agian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment