Friday, August 14, 2009

Death

Death is a tough topic. I think most parents choose to avoid it as long as possible. My ever-so-inquisitive daughter has not let me escape from this topic. She is trying to figure everything out and hits me with questions on a regular basis. Here is one of our conversations...

A: Mom, am I going to die?

Me: Not for a long time.

A: But I am going to die?

Me: Yes, but you don't have to worry about that because it won't be for a very long time. When you are old.

A: You are old, are you going to die.

Me: Not for a long time.

A: When I die, I don't want to go to heaven.

Me: Of course you do sweetie

A: No, I don't

Me: but I've heard heaven is wonderful and you will get to see all the people you love that have gone there already and God will be there and you will be very happy.

A: (Starting to get upset) I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN WHEN I DIE!!!!!!!

Me: OK, what DO you want to do when you die.

A: I want to lie on the couch and eat crackers and drink juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment