Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of School

We woke up early today and got ready for the first day of preschool for Alivia and Marlin. Yesterday we all went to the orientation and looked around and visited with the teachers but today was the first real day.
Marlin has been so excited he hasn't been sleeping but this morning he announced that he didn't want to go. He said "I don't know how to do school." I know mild apprehension is very normal and I assured him that he would learn what he needed to know. It was very nice knowing that Alivia would be there to show him the ropes and help him feel comfortable the first few days.

I put tortured the kids with pictures in front of the Magnolia tree. First I needed pics of both of them facing me, then turning sideways so I could get their backpacks in the pic. Then pics of them by themselves. Then we added Molly to the pics.

Then it was time to go. We pulled up in front of the school. I went around the side to let them out. Found Marlin's backpack, put it on him and hiked up his pants that were already falling down. I help Alivia out of the van and got her backpack on too. Then they held my hands and we made the long walk down the sidewalk to the door of the school. I was so nervous for my little kids. I want them to have fun, to be nice, to make friends and to be happy. I have done all I can for today and now I have to turn them loose. They didn't even hesitate. Alivia knows the ropes and Marlin followed her right in the door. I watched them through the glass door as they talked to the teacher and she pointed to the stairs. Alivia took Marlins hand and led him down the stairs to the classroom.

Im so happy that they have eachother today.

I'll add the report from them later

No comments:

Post a Comment