Saturday, May 1, 2010

Marlin turns 4!

My little man is four years old.

He has been ready for his birthday for months!!!  About 6 weeks before the big day, he woke up one Saturday and sneaked slowly down the stairs and with his sweet little smile he looked at me and said "Is today my birthday?"

When it finally got here, we had a great birthday week.  On his actual birthday I picked the kids up.  Matt was planning on going swimming with all of us when he got off work but he was working late so we had a little time to kill.  I asked Marlin what he wanted for dinner.  He could have anything he wanted.  Of course, he chose McDonalds, but he wanted to go all out for his birthday and eat AT the restaurant.  The kids and I ate dinner at MickyD's and then went swimming.  After swimming we bathed the kids, put them in their jammies and gave them snacks in the locker rooms so we could go home and go straight to bed.  On the way home Birthday boy was still pretty fired up.  He was telling us all the things we were going to do when we got home.  I told him that we were going to bed when we got home.

Then Marlin said "NO, I don't want to go to bed.  I want to be four."

I said "Marlin you will still be four tomorrow when you wake up."


"I will?" He said and he was much more willing for bedtime.  I guess telling him that he was going to be 4 on his birthday had been taken a little too literally by my little guy. 

For the weekend party, Marlin wanted "a house party."  So we had a Spiderman party in the back yard.
Cousin Marley got her first tatoo and all the kids played all day.  It was a good time.

I can't believe my little man is four.  Marlin, thanks for being the sweetest, funniest best son a mother could have.  I love you one hundred fifty thousand and one!

No comments:

Post a Comment